[EP-tech] Re: error message on navigation menu

John Salter J.Salter at leeds.ac.uk
Fri Jun 21 14:50:10 BST 2013

Has there been any patching on the server recently?
More specifically, has the LibXML module been patched?

If so, you may be falling foul of the external entities issue:
http://www.eprints.org/search/?cref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.eprints.org%2Fsearch%2Fcref_cse.xml&cof=FORID%3A9&q=entities&sa=Search

You can possibly downgrade LibXML far enough to make it work, or you could replace all character entities (e.g.  ) with their numeric equivalent ( ) in your templates/phrases.

The bug seemed to be confined to RHEL (and CentOS), but recently someone reported an Ubuntu server falling foul of the same problem.

HTH,
John