[EP-tech] {Disarmed} Re: Re: IRStats2 Beta

Sebastien Francois sf2 at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Jun 17 15:47:30 BST 2013

Hello Jean-Marie!

On 17/06/13 15:09, Jean-Marie Le Bechec wrote:
> Hi Seb,
>
> When i try to execute the script : ./process_stats oatao --setup --verbose
>
> the prompt give me this :
>
> "Generating set tables.
> Can't call method "clone" on an undefined value at
> /appli/eprints/perl_lib/EPrints/Database.pm line 931, <DATA> line 959."

Yep, that rings a bell. The problem is that in EPrints 3.3.9, some of
the core DB API has changed (namely "create_tables()") which is very
naughty. My code abstracts this and tries to detect the changes but in
your instance it seems to have failed to detect your EPrints version.

You can either:

(1) patch EPrints/Plugin/Stats/Handler.pm::_create_table (~line 1198) to:

if( (EPrints->VERSION()||'v3.2.0') gt *'v3.3.8' *)

^^ quotes v3.3.8 basically

and test. if that doesn't work, just force the old API call:

(2) same file, same lines:

sub _create_table
{
         my( $self, $tablename, $setkey, @fields ) = @_;

*#*        if( (EPrints->VERSION()||'v3.2.0') gt v3.3.8 )
*#*       {
*#*                return $self->{dbh}->create_table( $tablename,
$setkey, @fields );
*#*        }

         # pre-3.3.9 API
         return $self->{dbh}->create_table( $tablename, undef, $setkey,
@fields );
}

and this should work.

> My eprints is : EPrints 3.2.4 (Victoria Sponge)
>
> I also have installed "Date::Calc" and added
> EP_TRIGGER_DYNAMIC_TEMPLATE => 10, (line 123)
> EP_TRIGGER_DYNAMIC_TEMPLATE (line 153)

OK for Date::Calc.

I don't think that adding the trigger's constants will help here because
you may have the constants defined nicely, but you'll be missing the
code which is actually calling the trigger.

And since you're using v3.2.4, I think you'd need to back-port a bit too
much code.

Anyway the point of that trigger is to insert some elements in the
<head> sections of your template, that's something you can easily do by
hand:

- edit your template files (default.xml, perhaps secure.xml)

- add the following into your <head>:

<!-- IRStats2 -->
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.google.com/jsapi">// <!--
No script --></script>
<script type="text/javascript">google.load("visualization", "1",
{packages:["corechart", "geochart"]});</script>
<!-- end IRStats2 -->

If you're editing secure.xml, you'll be loading the above page from an
HTTPS so technically you should use:

<!-- IRStats2 -->
<script type="text/javascript" src="*https*://www.google.com/jsapi">//
<!-- No script --></script>
<script type="text/javascript">google.load("visualization", "1",
{packages:["corechart", "geochart"]});</script>
<!-- end IRStats2 -->

- reload apache

Merci for your feedback JM - if you get to patch Handler::_create_table,
could you let me know which method worked (1 or 2)? This way I can patch
the IRStats2.

Seb.