[EP-tech] Re: Alphabetised Lists and Diacritics

Mark Gregson mark.gregson at qut.edu.au
Thu Jul 25 04:54:13 BST 2013

Hi Yvonne

You can use the make_single_value_orderkey<http://wiki.eprints.org/w/Category:EPrints_Metadata_Fields#Ordering.2C_Indexing_and_Searching> setting to call a function that manipulates the diacritics to get the result you want. We use the following so that diacritics are ignored for ordering purposes:

use Text::Unidecode;
sub make_id_orderkey_single
{
     my ( $self, $value, $session, $langid, $dataset ) = @_;
     # convert to upper case ASCII
     my $orderkey = uc( unidecode( $value ) );
     # ignore apostrophes and hyphens
     $orderkey =~ s/['-]//g;
     return $orderkey
}