[EP-tech] Re: Pulling research publications from EPrints into a staff profile -- how have others done it?

Sheraaz Buksh sheraaz.a.buksh at usp.ac.fj
Wed Jan 23 21:18:00 GMT 2013

Hi there

Perhaps you would like to try out feed2js<http://feed2js.org/>. It is a great tool that accepts RSS URLS and then outputs a javascript code that can be pasted on your webpage.

Regards

Sheraaz

From: eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk [mailto:eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Masud Khokhar
Sent: 24 January 2013 1:50 AM
To: eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: [EP-tech] Re: Pulling research publications from EPrints into a staff profile -- how have others done it?

Hi Alex,

We are about to do the same. One useful thing you can do is to grab all the eprints for an author as JSON and use that. E.g. if you change your URL to the following, you will see the JSON.

http://eprints.mdx.ac.uk/cgi/exportview/creators/Birchall=3AAlexander_John=3A=3A/JSON/Birchall=3AAlexander_John=3A=3A

You can also export in XML by just changing JSON to XML in the above link.

Hope this is useful.

Best wishes,
Masud Khokhar

Knowledge Manager