[EP-tech] Truncation on search in EPrints

Tomasz Neugebauer Tomasz.Neugebauer at concordia.ca
Wed Jan 23 00:00:25 GMT 2013

Has anyone been able to enable their repository to provide truncated searches on demand - e.g. using '*'?

The new default Xapian in EPrints doesn't have truncation, as far as I know.

I know that SOLR has this functionality, but has anyone been able to use solr as a search plugin in EPrints?

Thanks for any comments/suggestions,

Tomasz Neugebauer

related discussion from 2007:
=====

http://www.eprints.org/tech.php/6749.html

"
[...]

This will activate truncated searches but you may notice a performance
hit because EPrints will treat every search as a truncated search.

Would be nice to activate truncated searches on demand - e.g. using '*'
- but this is not currently a feature we are prioritising.

Tim
"