[EP-tech] Re: Handles in EPrints

Ian Stuart Ian.Stuart at ed.ac.uk
Tue Jan 8 10:32:44 GMT 2013

The problem I had with handle servers was adding a new record: having
created item 1234 in the repo, there was no way to inject that into the
handle server.

Your, what I would call "proxy pass", solution looks good. Can it be
extended so one could do:

http://hdl.handle.net/<your_prefix>/repo_id1/xyz ->
http://your.repo1.url/xyz

-and-

http://hdl.handle.net/<your_prefix>/repo_id2/xyz ->
http://your.repo2.url/xyz

?
('cos *that* would be really useful!)

--

Ian Stuart.
EDINA,

http://edina.ac.uk/

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.