[EP-tech] repository administration: frontend or backend?

Pavlovic,Karlo karlo.pavlovic at imp.ac.at
Tue Feb 19 09:25:11 GMT 2013

Dear all,

I am trying to costumise our repository and I have a general question (with
two examples):

Should things be changed using the frontend (i.e., admin>config.tools), if
possible, or should generally be used the backend (as generally described in
the wiki: http://wiki.eprints.org/w/Category:Howto).

E.g., if using the frontend to add an institutional hierarchy, there is the
possibility to go to admin>config.tools>editsubjects.
But after adding such a new tree (as an administrator), it does not appear
when adding an eprint (as an author).

Also, adding metadata fields does not work: When going to
admin>config.tools>ManageMetadataFields, a click to e.g. "Eprints:View
Dataset Fields" results in this:
"EPrints System Error: Attempt to get value from not existent field:
metafield/objectid"

Thank you!
Best,
Karlo