[EP-tech] empty subject and years views

David Whitehead dwhitehead at lincoln.ac.uk
Mon Feb 4 12:17:29 GMT 2013

Hi All,

I have finally managed to upgrade the repository from 3.1 to 3.3, I only
have one main issue remaining. While trying to generate the views I get
error "Can't call method "render_description" on an undefined value at
/perl_lib/EPrints/Repository.pm line 3821" I look into the file and
added some code to output the id which was undefined and it turned out
to be 'subjects'. I then went into the subject table and created an ID
subjects with rev 0 and false on depositable. This allowed the
generate_views to work and complete, but now when you browse to the
generating the views with -verbose I can see the subjects are being
generated, I assume I just need to somehow tie the 'subjects' id with
the others.

Any help you could provide would be very helpful,

Thanks all,

Kind regards,

David Whitehead.

The University of Lincoln - a top performer in student satisfaction, enjoying an unrivalled ascent through the University league tables, set in a dynamic, research rich and vibrant campus in the heart of a great historic student-friendly city.

The University may monitor email traffic data and content in accordance with its policies and English law. Further information can be found at: http://www.lincoln.ac.uk/legal.