[EP-tech] Problem with installation on Dreamhost Virtual Private Server

Ezequiel Benito ezequiel.benito at cienciapsicologica.org
Mon Dec 9 21:57:27 GMT 2013

Hello and thanks for providing this support forum.

I recently installed eprints under a VPS at Dreamhost.

I ran the installation via apg-get and everything went just fine

I then created the repository and everything.

Now, I got a problem when trying to access the site itself.

I´m not really familiar with the command line but I got to add lines and
restart apache and everthing.

The problem is that I don't know how to interpret the "DNS alias" creation
thing.

Here:
http://wiki.eprints.org/w/Getting_Started_with_EPrints_3

It says this:

"Hostname - What someone will type into a web browser to get to your
archive. Make sure that your systems team have a DNS alias pointing to your
server for this"

I really don't know how to do it. I mean I know how to create users and
domains, but they work towards a folder under /home/sitename

In this case I need to pull the eprints from the usr/share/eprints3 but I
cannot figure out a way to do it.

We are looking to hire someone to finalize the installation for us, since
we are pretty stuck right now and we need to deploy the system before the
end of the year.

Thanks in advance for your assistance,

Ezequiel