[EP-tech] BUG? First creators disrespected until another run of import --update

Florian Heß hess at ub.uni-heidelberg.de
Thu Apr 25 15:38:41 BST 2013

Hi,

We're experiencing a weird phenomenon in E-Prints version 3.3.10: The
first creators are not imported on the first run of

# The record isn't existing yet
$ ~/bin/import $repo --user $userid --enable-import-fields
--enable-file-imports --update eprint XML /tmp/savifa1867.xml

# Now, record is there but without creator

$ ~/bin/import $repo --user $userid --enable-import-fields
--enable-file-imports --update eprint XML /tmp/savifa1867.xml
# Now, everything is fine

Between the two runs no changes to /tmp/savifa1867.xml have been made.

Now, please look at the relevant data of another record with multiple
creators ...

After 1st run of bin/import command:
mysql> select oa.source_opus, oa.reihenfolge rfo, e.pos rf,
oa.creator_name, e.creators_name_family from savifadok.opus_autor oa
left outer join eprint_creators_name e on oa.source_opus=e.eprintid AND
oa.reihenfolge=e.pos+1;
+-------------+------+------+-------------------------------------+
| source_opus | rfo  | rf   | creator_name       | creators_name_family
+-------------+------+------+--------------------+----------------+
[...]
|         181 |    1 |    0 | Yule, Paul         | Brandtner      |
|         181 |    2 |    1 | Brandtner, Martin  | Misra          |
|         181 |    3 |    2 | Misra, B.          | Mohanty        |
|         181 |    4 | NULL | Mohanty, P.        | NULL           |
[...]

After the 2nd:
[...]
|         181 |    1 |    0 | Yule, Paul         | Yule           |
|         181 |    2 |    1 | Brandtner, Martin  | Brandtner      |
|         181 |    3 |    2 | Misra, B.          | Misra          |
|         181 |    4 |    3 | Mohanty, P.        | Mohanty        |

My creators definition in cfg.d/eprint_fields.pl:

           {
             'name' => 'creators',
             'type' => 'compound',
             'multiple' => 1,
             'fields' => [
                           {
                             'sub_name' => 'name',
                             'type' => 'name',
                             'hide_honourific' => 1,
                             'hide_lineage' => 1,
                             'family_first' => 0,
                           },
                           #{
                           #  'sub_name' => 'id',
                           #  'type' => 'text',
                           #  'input_cols' => 20,
                           #  'allow_null' => 1,
                           #}
                         ],
             'input_boxes' => 1,
           },

Dear Developers, I'd love to provide more information if needed. :-)

This issue is of no gravity for us as multiple migration runs have been
done on a regular basis for each of our four instances (thanks to having
done the metadata preparation in the legacy repository).

Nevertheless I like to hear if you can reproduce the problem in the
first place.

Kind regards,
Florian

--