[EP-tech] Web services for importing abstracts

Mark Gregson mark.gregson at qut.edu.au
Wed Apr 24 02:38:42 BST 2013

We're looking at using web services to import abstracts and enrich a number of existing records, primarily journal articles, into our EPrints repository working from DOI.

As far as I can see the terms of use for Elsevier and Thomson web services explicitly disallow this use of abstracts; CrossRef doesn't include abstracts; and WorldCat doesn't look like a good fit.

I'm not sure if there is anywhere to turn now.  Does anyone know of alternative sources?

Cheers
Mark

Mark Gregson | Applications and Development Team Leader
Library eServices | Queensland University of Technology
Level 3 | R Block | Kelvin Grove Campus | GPO Box 2434 | Brisbane 4001
Phone: +61 7 3138 3782 | Web: http://eprints.qut.edu.au/<http://www.qut.edu.au/>
ABN: 83 791 724 622
CRICOS No: 00213J