[EP-tech] Re: saved searches - permission problem

Roland Roth-Steiner roth-steiner at ulb.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue Apr 23 14:48:13 BST 2013

Hello Tim,

> Is this related to this bug?
>
> http://trac.eprints.org/eprints/ticket/4031

I couldn't make it up by myself. Our previous productive repository  ran
on eprints v 3.2.3. No CRUD.pm in this version yet.

CRUD.pm seems to have changed a lot since the patch was provided. Could
you test the misbehaviour on the latest stable release (3.3.11, which is
the one we are running now)?

>>> although I made a saved search public, only the owning user can run it.
>>>
>>> If not logged in when trying to run the saved search, the Login Screen
>>> appears. If I login with the owning user, everything is ok. If I login
>>> as another user, an error appears: "You don't have permission to access
>>> /id/saved_search/131 on this server."

Thanks a lot

Roland

Roland Roth-Steiner