[EP-tech] Re: Details and Preview tab in custom status

Tim Brody tdb2 at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Apr 22 15:50:22 BST 2013

On Mon, 2013-04-22 at 15:24 +0100, Alan.Stiles wrote:
> Can anybody point me in the right direction please?
>
> I'm trying to get the Preview and Details tabs of an eprint to appear
> for a basic user when I have changed the item status to a custom value
> (eg 'my_review'), but all I can currently see are the 'Actions' and
> 'Editorial' tabs, containing my own custom actions, which currently
> have no security attached.
>
> I've tried looking at the 'can_be_viewed' method of
> EPrints::Plugin::Screen::EPrint::View  and my head is spinning around
> the value of
> 	$self->allow("eprint/view")
> which equals 4 when the item is in 'inbox' but zero when the item is
> in 'my_review'.
>
> Any thoughts where I should be looking - I can't find anything about
> altering these permission in the wiki or tech-list after various
> searches.

Hi,

The eprint/view privilege will be expanded out to eprint/[status]/view.
That can further be refined to eprint/[status]/view:editor, if you are
an editor user.

So perhaps you need to grant the eprint/my_review/view permission to
basic users?

I think Details are bound up with the rights to edit an EPrint? I
haven't tried giving a user just that tab without them also having the
edit privilege.

--
All the best,
Tim