[EP-tech] Re: Citation import plugin errors

Tim Brody tdb2 at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Sep 11 13:03:06 BST 2012

On Tue, 11 Sep 2012 10:38:13 +0100, Thomas Haines <HainesT at cardiff.ac.uk>
wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
>    I am trying to get the citation plugins listed
> here:  http://files.eprints.org/641/
>
>    to work, and they appear to be failing at the point of trying to
write
> to the database using the epdata_to_dataobj sub. Anyone got any ideas why
> this might be failing?
>
> Error: Unhandled exception in Import::CitationService::Scopus: Can't
locate
> object method "epdata_to_dataobj" via package "EPrints::LogHandler" at
> /usr/share/eprints/perl_lib/EPrints/Plugin/Import.pm line 310, <$fh> line
> 2.
>
> Error: Unhandled exception in Import::CitationService::GScholar: Can't
> locate object method "epdata_to_dataobj" via package
"EPrints::LogHandler"
> at /usr/share/eprints/perl_lib/EPrints/Plugin/Import.pm line 310, <$fh>
> line 2.

What's at line 310 of that file?

It sounds like a typo somewhere. There is an EPrints::Apache::LogHandler
module, but it doesn't do epdata_to_dataobj.

> note: the scopus API has changed and I am rewriting the scopus.pm plugin,
> but the scholar plugin is untouched and producing the same error.
>
> Also has anyone looked at a new plugin to use the ISI Web of Science
LINKS
> ARTICLE MATCH RETRIEVAL SERVICE?

Do you have any documentation for the service?

(The trouble with ISI is they don't appear to provide any public
documentation on their APIs ...)

--
All the best,
Tim.