[EP-tech] patch for use of XML::DOM

Carl Franks C.A.Franks at dundee.ac.uk
Mon Sep 3 13:18:07 BST 2012

Hi,

I'm running eprints 3.3.10, and if I create a versioned deposit I get a fatal error when trying to view it:
Can't locate object method "lastChild" via package "XML::DOM::Element" at /opt/eprints3/perl_lib/EPrints/DataObj/EPrint.pm line 1914.

I locally patched that line to call "getLastChild()" instead of "lastChild()", and the document views works as expected.

I'm not sure under what circumstances lastChild() could work, as it's loading the XML::DOM::Element in eprints' own perl_lib directory - and grepping shows no use of "lastChild" in perl_lib other than this 1 call.

Diff file is attached.

Carl Franks
Technology and Innovation in Learning Team
Medical Education Institute
University of Dundee
School of Medicine
ext 83041