[EP-tech] Re: Problem with the RSS plugin

Sebastien Francois sf2 at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Oct 23 15:01:15 BST 2012

Hi Malcolm:

You can copy .pm files to:

1- perl_lib/EPrints/Plugin/ .... -> usually considered "hacky" as you're
changing the core. It will work but as PERL told you, you need to first
"use" the plugin somewhere (usually this is done in perl_lib/EPrints.pm
-> add "use EPrints::Plugin::Export::ALLRSS" there and restart the web
server). But see, you've just patched a core file (EPrints.pm).

2- (EPrints 3.1+) local archive:
archives/{id}/cfg/plugins/EPrints/Plugin/Export/ -> nothing else required

3- (EPrints 3.3+) the bazaar directory:
lib/plugins/EPrints/Plugin/Export/ - this time you need to explicitly
enable that plugin in your local conf, something like:

$c->{plugins}{"Export::ALLRSS"}{params}{disable} = 0;

and restart the web server.

If you have only one repository running in your EPrints install, I would
go for option #2. If more than one, option #3.

Seb.