[EP-tech] Re: Is eprints multitenant?

Paolo Tealdi paolo.tealdi at polito.it
Fri Oct 19 07:59:29 BST 2012

On 10/18/2012 06:24 PM, Alan.Stiles wrote:
> It does indeed depend on what you are trying to achieve - I think there are 2 separate concepts here.
> White Rose appears to be a single repository, accepting deposits from 3 separate institutions, so presumably having a shared user table.
>
> As John Salter noted, you can have multiple archives running on one instance of the Eprints software, such as we do at The Open University.
>
> There is our main research repository (http://oro.open.ac.uk) and our oralhistory project repository (http://oralhistory.open.ac.uk)
> They are running on the same bits of hardware, with one install of the eprints software, but separate repository configurations and separate user tables (and admin accounts thereon) in separate databases.
>
> If this is more what you are trying to achieve, then the installation process shouldn't be vastly different from a single repository install, though it will require a separate round of configuration for the separate archive.

Dear all,

i think that the only thing that you have to share between multiple
installations is the perl code (~/perl_lib and ~/lib) , except the
plugin system, that you can configure, manage and change for every
repository.
My 0.02 cents.

Best regards,
Paolo Tealdi

--
Ing. Paolo Tealdi         Area IT - Politecnico Torino
Telefono/Phone : +39-011-0906714 , FAX : +39-011-0906799