[EP-tech] Re: AJAX end point

Ian Stuart Ian.Stuart at ed.ac.uk
Mon Oct 15 10:12:05 BST 2012

On 11/10/12 11:14, Robert Berry wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Does anybody have an opinion as to what is the best way to make an AJAX
> (JSON) end-point available? Should I be creating a view plug in for this
> or a new CGI script?

The general way of making any script output available is to put the
script in ..../archives/<archive_id>/cgi/

Thereafter, the JSON or ajaxiness is up to the script.
(but also see
http://wiki.eprints.org/w/Adding_an_Auto-Completer_to_a_non-workflow_page)

--

Ian Stuart.
EDINA,

http://edina.ac.uk/

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.