[EP-tech] Bug in ePrints 3.3.10?

Caldow, James JCaldow at qmu.ac.uk
Tue Nov 6 13:41:09 GMT 2012

Hi,

After a number of unsuccessful attempts to install 3.3.10, I wanted to ask if the following was a known bug:

The file lib/lang/en/phrases/system.xml contains three occurrences of " ", (two on line 396 and one on line 3006).

On a clean installation of CentOS 6.3 and 3.3.10, attempting to run bin/epadmin create resulted in multiple errors regarding parsing of the above file and created an archive with multiple broken links and "phrase not defined" errors.

Changing the three occurrences of " " to " " resulted in a clean build and no errors.

I don't currently have another test environment on which to confirm these errors, so would appreciate any input on whether this bug only exists as a result of the OS environment, or if it is a genuine bug in the 3.3.10 release. I do know that XML doesn't support " ", so would assume this will be a problem for all.

Regards,

James Caldow

James Caldow

Educational Resource Centre