[EP-tech] Re: The Importance of Repository EC- (OpenAire) and RCUK-Compliance Tags for Mandate Compliance Verification

Stevan Harnad amsciforum at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 18:26:48 GMT 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Tim Donohue <tdonohue at duraspace.org>
Date: Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 1:18 PM
Subject: Re: [Dspace-general] The Importance of Repository EC- (OpenAire)
and RCUK-Compliance Tags for Mandate Compliance Verification

Hi DSpace Users,

I just wanted to follow up to this request to let everyone know that, as of
DSpace 3.0 (coming in late November / early December), DSpace has a
completely rewritten OAI-PMH interface which is now compliant with both
OpenAIRE (http://www.openaire.eu/) and DRIVER (http://www.driver-support.eu/
**).

This new feature for DSpace 3.0 was provided by Lyncode (
http://www.lyncode.com) and our latest DSpace Committer, João Melo.

More information on this brand new OAI-PMH interface (nicknamed "OAI 2.0")
can be found in the DSpace 3.0 documentation at:

https://wiki.duraspace.org/**display/DSDOC3x/OAI<https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC3x/OAI>
https://wiki.duraspace.org/**display/DSDOC3x/OAI+2.0+Server<https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC3x/OAI+2.0+Server>

If any DSpace Users would like to try out this new, or help us test the new
OAI-PMH interface in general, we are holding a second testathon this week.

You can test things on our demo server: http://demo.dspace.org/
OR
You can download DSpace 3.0 Release Candidate #3 and install it locally to
test: http://sourceforge.net/**projects/dspace/files/DSpace%**
20Release%20Candidate/3.0-rc3/<http://sourceforge.net/projects/dspace/files/DSpace%20Release%20Candidate/3.0-rc3/>

More info on Testathon is at: https://wiki.duraspace.org/**
display/DSPACE/DSpace+Release+**3.0+Testathon+Page<https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/DSpace+Release+3.0+Testathon+Page>