[EP-tech] Re: User Approval

Dimitrakakis Georgios giorgis at lib.uoc.gr
Thu May 31 14:57:36 BST 2012

> On Wed, 2012-05-30 at 16:01 +0300, Dimitrakakis Georgios wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> Is there a way to approve users when registered before being able to
>> start creating eprints?
>>
>> I found out that in our repository few users that have been registered
>> are "rubbish".
>
> You could set new users to be minuser in cfg.d/registration.pl.
>
> How would you track new user accounts, in order to give them approval?
>
> /Tim.

OK! I see your point with "minuser"!

My thought was a little bit more complicated...I was thinking that it
could be done (more or less) the same way you track deposits and
notify the admin! For example a user is registered by default as a
minuser. At the same time an e-mail is sent to the admin team and they
take the proper actions about the user (e.g. delete, upgrade account
etc.). After the user is "verified" he/she  can access the repository.

Maybe it's very complicated but as a first step what it could be done
is to notify with an e-mail the admin team the time a user registers.

I am not so sure if I made myself clear but anyway I was thinking
something like that. Is it possible?

Best,

G.