[EP-tech] Re: EPrints XML SWORD package
Ian.Stuart at ed.ac.uk
Wed May 23 08:44:21 BST 2012
On 23/05/12 08:08, Mark Gregson wrote:
> For SWORD deposits using EPrints XML packages, do the documents need to
> be Base64 encoded and embedded in the XML or can they also be included
> in the zip as separate files? This is primarily in regard to 3.2.
You can do either..... but you do need a SWORD importer to match the
"packaging" type you are sending:
- If you are sending METSDSpaceSIP formatted data, you need an importer
than understands that
- If you are sending ORE linked data, you need an importer than
- If you are sending a single XML file, with Base64-encoded files within
the XML document, you need an importer for that.
The best advice I can offer is
1) Check what the "servicedocument" reports the repository accepts, and then
2) Have a look at the code for the importer you want to use: some of
them are very skeletal frameworks and really need additional work to be
Developer: ORI, RJ-Broker, and OpenDepot.org
Bibliographics and Multimedia Service Delivery team,
The University of Edinburgh.
This email was sent via the University of Edinburgh.
The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in
Scotland, with registration number SC005336.
More information about the Eprints-tech