[EP-tech] Issues installing IRStats
Robert.Berry at liverpool.ac.uk
Tue May 22 11:11:13 BST 2012
I've had a number of issues installing IRStats on a recent version
(3.3.9) of EPrints running on Perl v5.12.4 on my Ubuntu system. Was wondering
if I could get some help with the RegistryCooker problem - do I just need to
install a new version of ModPerl?
I've listed everything that failed during installation:
- Failed tests on installation via CPAN.
- Had to force install with following command:
$ perl -MCPAN -e "CPAN::Shell->force(qw(install Logfile::EPrints));"
- Has outdated default paths for libraries (EPrints automatically installed to
/usr/share/eprints3/ for me anyway). Was able to correct this through editing
the lines mentioned in the readme, though.
- Fires a deprecated warning for any command:
UNIVERSAL->import is deprecated and will be removed in a future perl at
/usr/share/eprints3/perl_lib/IRStats/Params.pm line 4.
- `update_table` throws another error:
Nothing in access to process
at /usr/share/eprints3/perl_lib/IRStats/Update/Parser/Access.pm line 44.
called at /usr/share/eprints3/perl_lib/IRStats/CLI/update_table.pm line 75
at /usr/share/eprints3/perl_lib/IRStats/CLI.pm line 62
IRStats::CLI::handler() called at /usr/share/eprints3/perl_lib/IRStats.pm line 73
IRStats::handler() called at ./cgi/irstats.cgi line 22
3 Irstats page
- Returns a blank page on trying to view
- Is returning a normal status code but empty response:
GET /cgi/irstats.cgi HTTP 1.1
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 09:54:33 GMT
Server: Apache/2.2.20 (Ubuntu)
4 Apache Error Log
- Error about missing 'RegistryCooker':
[Tue May 22 09:59:07 2012] #[error]
#slurp_filename('/usr/share/eprints3/cgi/irstats.cgi') / opening: (2)
No such file or directory at /usr/lib/perl5/ModPerl/RegistryCooker.pm line 541
- This seems to be part of ModPerl, but my version of ModPerl was
automatically installed by the EPrints Debian package. I cannot find a
RegistryCooker module on CPAN - does this mean I need to install an updated
version of ModPerl?
Any help would be much appreciated!
Best wishes, Rob
More information about the Eprints-tech