[EP-tech] Re: Cann't upload file

Tim Brody tdb2 at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri May 18 15:39:07 BST 2012

On Fri, 2012-05-18 at 15:35 +0600, eprints at amtron.in wrote:
> > Il 18/05/2012 07:20, eprints at amtron.in ha scritto:
> >> Hi,
> >> I can not upload any type of file through "New Item" tab.I have set the
> >> user and group of apache as eprints. Still I cann't make any upload.So,
> >> do
> >> I need any configuration for this??
> >>
> >> With thanks
> >>

> > did you check the file system permissions?
> > *** Archive: http://www.eprints.org/tech.php/
> > *** EPrints community wiki: http://wiki.eprints.org/
> >
> Hi,
> Many many thanks to you for your answer.
> But may I know which file system needs to check for permission??
> And what will be the permission for that file system?

archives/[archiveid]/documents/*

Ought to look like:
$ ls -l archives/devel/documents/
total 4
drwxrwsr-x 3 eprints eprints 4096 Apr 24 14:14 disk0

chmod -R 02775 archives/devel/documents

Note: if you're using Fedora selinux can get in the way as well:
http://wiki.eprints.org/w/Troubleshooting#A_Note_on_SELinux

(Also, take a look in your Apache error log for any messages)

--
All the best,
Tim