[EP-tech] Fw: Fail install epindexer services

mohdizwan8733 at salam.uitm.edu.my mohdizwan8733 at salam.uitm.edu.my
Thu May 17 07:34:14 BST 2012

Hello all...
I post the prob once before but no reply...
Is it possible that the prob occur on x64 OS..
Has anyone here using any OS with x64 platform?
Regards

----- Forwarded by Mohd Izwan Salim/PTAR/UiTM on 17/05/2012 02:32 PM -----

From:   Mohd Izwan Salim/PTAR/UiTM
To:     eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Date:   09/05/2012 05:17 PM
Subject:        Fail install epindexer services

Hello all...

I just install EPrints 3.3.9 but fail in one point that is epindexer
service.

Can you guys give me some idea to troubleshoot this prob>

I follow these steps:

root> ln -s /opt/eprints3/bin/epindexer /etc/init.d/epindexer
root> chkconfig --add epindexer
root> chkconfig epindexer on
root> service epindexer start

but end up with this error:
[root at eprints ~]# service epindexer start
env: /etc/init.d/epindexer: No such file or directory

I browse the folder and the files was there. I already tried several
combination but still fail.

Btw, the files was epindexer.in.

Regards