[EP-tech] Re: Eprints error Language code unknown

Sebastien Francois sf2 at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri May 4 10:50:45 BST 2012


Hi Igor,

Ha good!.. in 3.3.8, we didn't use the Xapian Stemmer (the thing that 
brought the error in 3.3.9) so it makes sense that it worked then. 
Generally 'uk' is not a valid language code (the language is English aka 
'en'). See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_639.

I don't know what goes wrong in the advanced search / creators (note 
that Xapian only deals with the simple search, not the advanced one). 
Perhaps Tim B will have something to say on that one.

Seb.


Thanks! I changed to en $c->{defaultlanguage} = 'en'; , and now it's work!
In previous version (3.3.8) my defaultlanguage was set to uk and works 
normal too. Interesting... =)
Is it ok If my default lang is uk and I set en?


On 03/05/12 18:52, Ігор Ростиславович wrote:
> Also, I found one more problem in Xapian. When I try to search in the 
> field Creators in Cyrillic it show me 0 results. In English it's ok.
> You can try here: http://eprints.oa.edu.ua/cgi/search/advanced
> --
> Ihor
> www.oa.edu.ua <http://www.oa.edu.ua>
>
>
>
> 2012/5/3 Ігор Ростиславович <admin at oa.edu.ua <mailto:admin at oa.edu.ua>>
>
>     Thanks! I changed to en $c->{defaultlanguage} = 'en'; , and now
>     it's work!
>     In previous version (3.3.8) my defaultlanguage was set to uk and
>     works normal too. Interesting... =)
>     Is it ok If my default lang is uk and I set en?
>     --
>     Ihor
>     www.oa.edu.ua <http://www.oa.edu.ua>
>
>
>
>     2012/5/3 Sebastien Francois <sf2 at ecs.soton.ac.uk
>     <mailto:sf2 at ecs.soton.ac.uk>>
>
>         I reproduced the error, try applying:
>
>         http://trac.eprints.org/eprints/changeset/7676
>
>         However, change your default language to something else than
>         'uk' ;-)
>
>
>         Seb.
>
>         On 03/05/12 15:10, Ігор Ростиславович wrote:
>>         Hello. I had upgrade eprints to 3.3.9 from 3.3.8.
>>         After upgrade, fast search stop work. When I type something
>>         it shows me:*Internal Server Error*
>>         In error logs i see: [error] Exception: Language code uk
>>         unknown How can I fix it? Thanks.
>>         site: http://eprints.oa.edu.ua/
>>
>>         ---
>>         Ihor
>>         www.oa.edu.ua <http://www.oa.edu.ua>
>>
>>
>>         *** Options:http://mailman.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailman/listinfo/eprints-tech
>>         *** Archive: http://www.eprints.org/tech.php/ *** EPrints
>>         community wiki: http://wiki.eprints.org/
>
>
>         *** Options:
>         http://mailman.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailman/listinfo/eprints-tech
>         *** Archive: http://www.eprints.org/tech.php/
>         *** EPrints community wiki: http://wiki.eprints.org/
>
>
>
>
> *** Options: http://mailman.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailman/listinfo/eprints-tech
> *** Archive: http://www.eprints.org/tech.php/
> *** EPrints community wiki: http://wiki.eprints.org/

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://mailman.ecs.soton.ac.uk/pipermail/eprints-tech/attachments/20120504/dfcb6d20/attachment-0001.html 


More information about the Eprints-tech mailing list