[EP-tech] "Failed to connect to database" error after transferring repository to another server

Alex Birchall a.birchall at mdx.ac.uk
Fri Mar 30 12:53:13 BST 2012

Hi,

I am getting this error after I transferred the repository to another server using a tried and tested procedure:
-
eprints at veprints:~/bin$ ./epadmin upgrade mdxrep1
DBI connect('database=mdxrep1;host=localhost','eprints',...) failed: Access denied for user 'eprints'@'localhost' (using password: YES) at /usr/share/eprints3/bin/../perl_lib/EPrints/Database.pm line 245

Middlesex University Research
Repository has encountered an error:
Failed to connect to database
Failed to load repository: mdxrep1
-

There is an eprints user in MySQL and I have granted this user the same rights as root to all databases.

Any suggestion most gratefully received.

Thanks.

Alex

Alexander J Birchall
Library Systems Manager