[EP-tech] Re: File upload failed

Fran Callaghan fran.callaghan at dcu.ie
Fri Mar 16 14:26:29 GMT 2012

Thanks Casey,

I think I got it, at least the httpd is now running as eprints according to
the output from 'ps'. There is still a problem with permissions though, as
even the stop/start indexer button doesn't work, saying "Error writing pid
file /opt/eprints3/var/indexer.pid: Permission denied" which suggests that
even though the httpd process is running under the eprints user it still
doesn't have permission on the eprints directories under /opt/eprints3/ Is
this something to do with the sticky bit on group? I've noticed the
permission are 'drwxrwsr-x' on the directories and wonder if there was a
problem with the umask whilst installing?

Also, the documents/disk0 directory is there but there is nothing under it,
at what point does the 00 etc directories get created?

Thanks all,

Fran