[EP-tech] File upload failed

Fran Callaghan fran.callaghan at dcu.ie
Fri Mar 16 11:45:46 GMT 2012

Hi,

I've just installed 3.2.9 via yum and created a test repository. Before I
carry out any branding etc I tried to create a new eprint but when I try to
upload a file I get the error "File upload failed". No other details.
Initially I thought this was due to file system permissions but I have added
the user apache to the eprints group and eventually even changed the
ownership of the documents directory to apache. The only comment I can see
on this is on the wiki and suggests. "Perhaps you forgot to set Apache to
run as eprints:eprints" Can anybody instruct me how to "set apache to run as
eprints"? Or even tell me how I can get additional details on why "File
upload failed"?

Thanks for any help!

Fran