[EP-tech] using a creator's inital in a citation

Chris Keene C.J.Keene at sussex.ac.uk
Wed Mar 14 14:39:42 GMT 2012

Hi
We are currently reviewing how we add author names in to the creators fields of eprints, e.g. do we use the same format as the official source, do we use full names, or surname and initial.

I'd like to know if it is possible to configure a eprints citation / view so that it only shows an initial for the forename, even if the field itself contains a full version of the forename?

This would allow us to store the full name where we have it, while showing a consistent citation style of author names on the public site.

Many thanks for any tips

Chris

Chris Keene
Technical Development Manager, University of Sussex Library
Contact: http://www.sussex.ac.uk/profiles/150000