[EP-tech] Re: problem with views ordering

Leonardo Mezzina leonardo.mezzina at imtlucca.it
Thu Mar 1 17:33:07 GMT 2012

Hi tim,
the file version  whose the patch is referred is the r7428 which is
different from the one bundled with eprints 3.3.8. Are we sure  I can
replace the entire file  patched with r7436 without encounter any
further problems?

Best Leonardo

Il 3/1/2012 4:12 PM, Tim Brody ha scritto:
> On Wed, 2012-02-29 at 19:29 +0100, Leonardo Mezzina wrote:
>> If it can help I noticed that only the new inserted items go in the
>> bottom of the list take for example this other author
>> http://eprints.imtlucca.it/view/creators/Caldarelli=3AGuido=3A=3A.html
>>
>> Il 2/29/2012 1:29 PM, Leonardo Mezzina ha scritto:
>>> Hi everyone,
>>> I recently upgraded to Eprints 3.3.8 on my Ubuntu machine, but I noticed
>>> a problem with views.
>>> The problem is in the ordering the output is displayed, take for example
>>> the standard creators view from here
>>> http://eprints.imtlucca.it/view/creators/Pammolli=3AFabio=3A=3A.html
>>>
>>> If you note the last item in the article section is displayed last
>>> ignoring the order option, which is the default
>>> order =>   "-date/title". The same problem with the last item in the
>>> working paper section.
>>>
>>> Is there something wrong ?
> Hi,
>
> I've confirmed this is a bug introduced in 3.3.8 and I've written a fix
> here:
> http://trac.eprints.org/eprints/ticket/4033
>
> Sorry!
>
> All the best,
> Tim.

Leonardo Mezzina
Responsabile IT
IMT Institute for Advanced Studies Lucca
Piazza San Ponziano, 6
55100 Lucca - Italy
Tel: +39 0583 4326 586
Fax: +39 0583 4326 565