[EP-tech] Re: views_render to manipulate a views index

Florian Heß hess at ub.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed Jun 27 14:02:41 BST 2012

Am 27.06.2012 12:34, schrieb Stephen Shorrock:
> Dear list,
>
> I've created a view on the authors_id|editors_id but when displaying I
> would like to replace the ids (username) of the users with their
> associated account names as stored in the users table.  These account
> names have to be looked up as they are not saved as part of the
> publication (when the publication is rendered the UNDEFINED is hidden),
> as the user does exist in the publication but may have a slightly
> different name as published by the journal and these names are saved
> without usernames.
>
> My question is:  Is there a way via the configuration options of EPrints
> to implement such a lookup & replacement (creators_id / username =>
> account name) for the purpose of views, I was looking at some of the
> views_render examples as provided with the application could the
> replacement be done via one of these.  There is no documentation about
> views_render on the EPrints website.

Hi Stephen,

The as_item function should do, but I do not know the composite field
name of name_family, name_given etc. if it exists:
$item{userid}.as_item(){wanted_field}
Another option is $item{userid}.as_item().citation('brief'), but it will
print also the email address as is default.

Regards,
F Heß

> Thanks in advance
>
> Stephen