[EP-tech] Importing files from another system

John Salter J.Salter at leeds.ac.uk
Thu Jun 21 13:22:18 BST 2012

Hi,
I'm trying to import files from another system, into EPrints.
I can either copy the files onto the server, or make them available over http.

In the XML, I've tried specifying (in an <eprints><eprint> node)
<document>
	<file href="/path/to/my.pdf" />
</document>
 - or -
<document>
	<file>
		<url>http://url.of/my.pdf</url>
	</file>
</document>

And importing with:
> bin/import ARCHIVENAME --enable-file-imports --enable-web-imports --user 1 archive XML test.xml
Both import the metadata from the XML OK, but neither option attaches the file to the eprint.

What am I doing wrong - or will this even work?

Cheers,
John