[EP-tech] Re: How-to Multi-Language Guide

Sebastien Francois sf2 at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Jun 19 14:39:31 BST 2012

Hi,

As far as I know there are no guides about this.

In a nutshell:

1- Edit archives/<id>/cfg/cfg.d/languages.pl - for example add French:

$c->{defaultlanguage} = 'en';

$c->{languages} = [ 'en'*, 'fr'* ];

2- If you want different site templates for the English and French
versions, those will be located there:

archives/<id>/cfg/lang/<lang code>/templates/

3- Different front pages and generally static pages will be there:

archives/<id>/cfg/lang/<lang code>/static/

4- You may put your translation of the phrases in French to (see the
English phrases there: lib/lang/en/phrases/system.xml):

archives/<id>/cfg/lang/fr/phrases/system.xml

Once you've done change #1 and restarted Apache, I think that EPrints
take care of the language management itself (there should be flags
appearing on the top bar, and the language selection's done via
CGI+Cookies).

I think that's about it :-)

Seb.