[EP-tech] Verifying Checksums

Florian Heß hess at ub.uni-heidelberg.de
Tue Jun 12 16:16:04 BST 2012

Hi,

found a mailing list post by David Tarrant created in 2010
 >> Verify hashes / checksums
 > Can be both done by the storage or you can do it from EPrints using a
 > event module, this code is not yet in the public domain cos I haven't
 > written it yet, but it would be about 20 lines I recon.

How are things now? Does EPrints warn automatically if a file differs in
respect to the checksum from the state stored in the database?
How can I arrange for EPrints to do that?

Does the EPrints ex-/import xml format have a file-associated element
"hash" or alike (guess for every dataobj field you can have a
corresponding field, right?) that is verified upon downloading the file
from another server? Would really appreciate that, but according to
DataObj::File source, there aren't yet any verification methods for sha/md5.

Kind regards,
F Heß

--
UB Heidelberg (Altstadt)