[EP-tech] Re: GScholar Export Plugin Issue

Nicholas Sheppard dl at nps.id.au
Fri Jun 8 11:46:19 BST 2012

Hi Casey.

We made several tweaks to EPrints' GScholar.pm for the version at
http://files.eprints.org/641/.  Aside from the adjustment to the query
string that you've mentioned, we also made some changes to the code
that detects the end of Google Scholar's record.

I've moved to another position now and don't have my notes any more,
but I recall that we sometimes got the behaviour that you describe
because the original GScholar.pm uses the "All N versions" phrase to
detect the end of the record. But not all records have this phrase,
and so the plug-in would sometimes continue searching for the "Cited
by..." phrase until it hit the record following the one it was
actually looking for.

It's still not 100% reliable and of course the whole thing will fall
over if Google changes the format of its search results.

--
Nicholas Sheppard (nicholas.sheppard at ieee.org)

Quoting rchilliard at mun.ca: