[EP-tech] Re: question about update an eprint on cli

Tim Brody tdb2 at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Jun 1 16:10:07 BST 2012

On 01/06/12 15:45, Ulf Laube wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> in a perl script I can create an EPrint with
> EPrints::DataObj::EPrint::create
>
> Is there a EPrint update function based on $eprint->get_id ?
> I could not find it in EPrints::DataObj::EPrint.

Do you mean retrieving an eprint?

$eprint = $repo->dataset( "eprint" )->dataobj( $eprintid );
... make changes
$eprint->commit;

In recent versions of EPrints there are "update()" and "clear()"
methods, which make it easier to update existing records without
overwriting core data.

You should check the perldoc on DataSet.pm and DataObj.pm.

All the best,
Tim.