[EP-tech] Retrieve metadata from a SWORD zip file

Tian, Jia J.Tian at kingston.ac.uk
Fri Jun 1 09:48:54 BST 2012

Dear all,

Our repository is going to receive SWORD deposits from a 3rd party organisation. We have tested the depositing process and it works fine. The SWORD record can been created in the under review area and the record is attached with a ZIP file containing the full-text PDF file together with a "mets.xml" file.

However, we found some of the metadata couldn't be auto-filled by the 3rd party's SWORD client, such as the journal name, ISSN/ISBN number, volume, issue, page range and date of publication. The 3rd party developers explained that the sword client is unable to put through these metadata and suggested us to create a local scripting tool, which can read the missing metadata from the "mets.xml" file and then refill the existing SWORD record.

Our question is whether someone has done a similar job and whether we could share the codes. Thank you so much in advance!

Best Wishes,
Jia

Jia Tian
Systems Analyst, Infrastructure, Information Services

T   Internal: 62079
T   020 8417 2079

Kingston University London
Penrhyn Road, Kingston upon Thames KT1 2EE
www.kingston.ac.uk<http://www.kingston.ac.uk>

Information in this email and any attachments are confi dential, and may not be copied or used by anyone other than the addressee, nor disclosed
to any third party without our permission. There is no intention to create any legally binding contract or other commitment through the use of this email.

Security System.