[EP-tech] Re: EPrints behind a reverse proxy

Ian Stuart Ian.Stuart at ed.ac.uk
Mon Feb 27 10:27:20 GMT 2012

On 27/02/12 09:56, raffaele messuti wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 10:08 AM, Ian Stuart<Ian.Stuart at ed.ac.uk>  wrote:
>>

>> http://wiki.eprints.org/w/Non-root_proxy
>> Look down to "Creating the basic repository"

1)
When asked Configure vital settings? [yes] ?, say "Yes" and fill in the
details
Hostname? is the actual address of the web server created above, not the
public address (we fix that later)
Webserver Port [80] ? is the actual address of the web server created
above, not the port for the web server (we fix that later)

(ie, you configure eprints with http://eprints.local:8080)

2)
EPrints produces absolute URLs for everything (http://web.host.name/),
so we need to ensure that the repository uses the correct address. Edit
archives/ARCHIVEID/cfg/cfg.d/10_core.pl
$c->{host} = 'public.host.name.org';
$c->{port} = '80';

3) restart the server & run the various "generate" scripts to rebuild
all the pages.

..... been working for me for 6+ years :)

--

Ian Stuart.
Developer: Open Access Repository Junction and OpenDepot.org

http://edina.ac.uk/

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.