[EP-tech] Re: EPrints for Windows?

Miklos blog at le-miklos.eu
Fri Feb 24 15:05:24 GMT 2012

On 24/02/2012 15:06, Tim Brody wrote:
> i, I've added an .msi bundle to 3.3.8
Thanks, I'm downloading it now.
http://mawest2.iweb.bsu.edu/eprints/An%20Issue%20with%20EPrints%20for%20Windows.pdf
> That said, most people end up running a Linux-based virtual machine
> under a Windows server. It tends to be less trouble, compared to
> trying to get all of the dependencies working under Windows.
I was toying with the idea, but I want to try it first on my laptop
without having to install a virtual machine platform and then Linux. I
had tried a while ago with an older version, it was quite impossible to
do because it installed in default locations and/or assumed that other
software was in default locations with no way to specify alternatives. I
haven't had that kind of problems in years of installing free software,
I must say.

All the best,
Miklos