[EP-tech] Sort result by author, by title

Mario Beaudoin Mario.Beaudoin at uqtr.ca
Mon Dec 17 20:13:27 GMT 2012

Hello

I use eprints 3.3.7 in dev server  and 3.2.9 in
production and i notice then both when we use a
french accent in the authors name the sort do not
use utf8_general _ci to sort correctly the é goes
after the z letter (like we use utf8_bin) (in
browse by author and in sort by author or title after search)
i look in the sql table
eprint_ordervalue_fr  creators_name the collate
is utf8_general_ci that sort perfecly (phpmyadmin)
i already have this bug in older version of
eprints and to correct the bug i modify utf8_bin
to utf8_general_ci who sort everyting correcly
after this change but now the table collation is
correct so i take a look on view.pl but nothing
there to sort i take a look on view.pm who seem
to sort the browse by author but i am not sure what to modify exactly

Thank for your help

look here the Bé... is at the end of B letter
http://espace.etsmtl.ca/view/creators/index.B.html

or this one whewe É is a new letter after the A
http://espace2.etsmtl.ca/view/master_director/index.A-=C9.html

Mario