[EP-tech] Re: IRStats and EPrints 3.3

Timothy Miles-Board tmb at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Dec 5 15:34:59 GMT 2012

I was investigating reports of "too many connections" errors from MySQL
and trying to work out what was holding open all the available connections..

Tim

On 04/12/12 14:39, Yuri wrote:
> Il 04/12/2012 14:35, Timothy Miles-Board ha scritto:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have found a bug with IRStats 1.x when used with EPrints 3.3.x
>>
>> There is a memory cycle in the DatabaseInterface object which means that
>> those objects are never destroyed, and hence the object's database
>> connection is held open indefinitely (until it times out). If enough
>> IRStats requests are made in a short space of time this could use up all
>> the available MySQL connections.
>>
>> This small patch fixes the issue:
>> http://files.eprints.org/722/2/irstats_for_eprints_3.3.patch
>>
>> Note this only applies to IRStats 1.x running under EPrints 3.3.x
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Tim
>>
> Thanks Tim!
>
> How did you find it? It seems rather obscure :)

Timothy Miles-Board
EPrints Services
School of Electronics and Computer Science
University of Southampton, UK
+44 (0)23 8059 3980     tmb at ecs.soton.ac.uk
http://www.eprints.org/services/
Consultancy - Training - Hosting