[EP-tech] Manage Metadata Fields UI

Beth Levine blevinefhcrc at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 19:48:32 BST 2012

I am running EPrints 3.3.7 and am trying to create a new subject-type
metadata field in the eprints dataset for a custom subject heirarchy I've
created in the Edit Subjects UI. I have no trouble creating the field and
it is automatically added to the eprints workflow as expected but it is a
blank multi-select field and doesn't pull in the terms from the designated
subject heirarchy. When I set up a test metadata field for the existing
subject heirarchy that is included with eprints out of the box, the field
populates with all the existing terms as one would expect but I'm just not
able to pull terms from a custom subject set.

What am I doing wrong? I would appreciate any pointers, and of course if
this explanation needs clarification or additional info I'm happy to
supply.

Thanks!

Beth Levine, Systems Librarian
Arnold Library