[EP-tech] Re: How to customise Division listings

John Salter J.Salter at leeds.ac.uk
Wed Aug 29 11:42:52 BST 2012

Hi,
For the nodes that don't display, check that 'Depositable' is set to 'Yes', or that there are some child-nodes to the item.

E.g. In admin (from the screen shot you attached), click the 'Learning & Library Services' link.
Either add children, or make it depositable.

The 'Subject ID string' is required -  and is used as the key in the database. If your institution already has a identifiers for divisions, you may be able to use them (makes joining EPrints to a central systems easier).
The 'Link Existing Subject' allows you to make a complex tree with cross-links between branches. E.g. if you have a division that belongs in both 'Learning & Library Services' and 'Chancellory', create the child in one place, and link it from the other place (don't know if I have explained that well enough?).

Hope that helps more!
Cheers,
John