[EP-tech] Re: Documents component with options unrolled from the start

Florian Heß hess at ub.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed Aug 22 15:15:29 BST 2012

Am 22.08.2012 10:39, schrieb Tim Brody:

>If you can I suggest making this a configuration option. You could
 > add a parameter to the Component::Documents that controls whether the
 > metadata box should appear open or closed.

> Something like:
> <component type="Documents" show_metadata="always">

Okay, I'll try with show_metadata="onUpload" (to unroll all docs would
be just a poor man's solution if nothing else worked), although it seems
to me that server-side code handling this parameter will simply insert
html code to signal to the client that whichever document has just been
downloaded. Any further logic is preferably client-side as well, right?

In my eyes automatically unrolling metadata of the uploaded document
seems worth making the default (then also positioning the file/url
upload box below existing docs to avoid the need of scrolling up again
and again if there are many uploads), that's why I asked/suggested :-).

Kind regards,
Florian

--
UB Heidelberg (Altstadt)