[EP-tech] Re: exporting data to DSpace

Malcolm Bodger M.Bodger at westminster.ac.uk
Thu Apr 19 13:20:45 BST 2012

Ian,
many thanks,
Malcolm.

From: eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk [eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk] on behalf of Ian Stuart [Ian.Stuart at ed.ac.uk]
Sent: 17 April 2012 11:47
To: eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: [EP-tech] Re: exporting data to DSpace

On 17/04/12 09:57, Malcolm Bodger wrote:
> Does anyone know of any problems transferringdata, including documents
> and metadata, from EPrints3 to DSpace?

Other than a lack of common [decent] package format? nope.

I wrote a package to export a more complete METSDSpace package that the
default EPrints-METS package, which seemed to work relatively well.

I transferred via sword, however writing a looping script to process
some larger structure shouldn't be insurmountable....

--

Ian Stuart.
EDINA,

http://edina.ac.uk/

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.

The University of Westminster is a charity and a company limited by guarantee. Registration number: 977818 England. Registered Office: 309 Regent Street, London W1B 2UW.