[EP-tech] bin/import --update

Florian Heß hess at ub.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed Apr 11 11:58:54 BST 2012

Hi you all,

I want to import eprints, just to begin with their mere metadata, via

$ bin/import heidok --update --user='opus' eprint XML ~fh/eprints_export.xml

Do I see right that, in eprints version 3.3.8, the --update parameter is
documented but then ignored completely? In consequence I would always
have to erase all the eprints before another migration dry-run in order
that entries are not duplicated, and the document IDs also cannot be
kept in line with our repositories to migrate?

That would be kind of tedious as we've got to guarantee that the
existing "Persistent URLs" keep what their name promises. Is there
perhaps a tiny hack we can apply temporarily to have <eprintid>
respected? I'd just like to avoid, if possible, to rewrite URLs based on
the URN as stored in the records.

(Admit that regarding migration in the future it is a potential mistake
to offer both URN and persistent URL at all. So it is likely that either
of them both got cited in papers. The URN alone would have been no
problem to re-register.)

Kind regards,
Florian Heß

--