[EP-tech] eprints and vufind

Ranju Upadhyay Ranju.Upadhyay at nuim.ie
Tue Apr 10 15:05:20 BST 2012

Hi List,

Anyone out there who has successfully used vufind to search eprints data?

We  have a test instance of vufind installed and configured where we have  some test data from our LibraryManagementSystem (Aleph), now we want to  bring some test data from our eprints repo ( as part of test of single  search interface).

I think there are two possibilities

1.Configure the vufind harvester to get the oai exposed eprints data.

2.Get the xml exports from eprints and do xml import in vufind.

Either way it looks like some configuration is needed in vufind.

In  the begining I want to import only a small number of eprints records  say 100 or so, so that I have a managable set of test data. So for that  purpose I think xml export and import is handy . But it looks like that  requires me to have eprints specific xslt in vufind.

Does anyone already have such xslt ? If so would you like to share?

Or if anyone has better idea of getting eprints data to vufind, would love to hear.

Thanks
Ranju Upadhyay
National University of Ireland Maynooth.