[EP-tech] Re: Maximum file size for an eprints document upload?

Florian Heß hess at ub.uni-heidelberg.de
Tue Apr 10 09:22:24 BST 2012

Am 05.04.2012 13:40, schrieb C.Eskriett at brighton.ac.uk:
> Hi
>
> I’ve been trying to find out (in response to a question from the people
> implementing our new CRIS)if eprints has a maximum file size for
> document upload. My googling has let me down on this. I can’t see where
> this might be configurable within cfg.d files, but maybe it is elsewhere
> on the server? Can anyone enlighten me on where to look? I imagine we
> either have the default value or no value, but need to confirm what that
> defulat value might be.

[resent as my mail from last thursday does not appear in the list. Hope
noone has got it twice now ...]

Hi Claire,

you can do that by Apache webserver configuration:

<Directory "/opt/eprints">
     LimitRequestBody 104857600 # 100 mega-byte
     ErrorDocument 413 /error413.html
</Directory>

I guess this is the only level at which you can deal with too much
upload size, unless it is okay for you to make changes to E-Prints core
or to have derivates of E-Prints modules.

Regards,
Florian